The home page shows recent work and developments. Listed above are specific pages. If you click on the images you should be able to get a close up view.

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Marcia, Brockweir, 25. 05. 2010.



I made the initial drawing using a mixture of vermillion , cadmium yellow , ultramarine and white. The first marks were mid tone and I darkened them as I went on. I struggled with the drawing again especially getting the proportions of the head right. I spent a long time on the drawing and then blocked in the background with the above mixture. The lighter areas were put in using a cool mix of lemon yellow, ultramarine, a touch of vermillion and titanium white. I felt the shadowed areas were too blue so I made them greener. I wasn't happy with the cool mixture so I added yellow ochre to the palette which I mixed with cerulean white and a touch of vermillion. I tried to liven it up by adding stronger colours which I put on with one of my flat synthetic brushes. I added a blue mixture over the brownish background letting it show through in places. I am quite pleased with the face which has stopped just short of being too detailed. the painting as a whole is an improvement on last weeks but it still too tight around the edges and still seems to lack a bit of oomph.




No comments:

Post a Comment