The home page shows recent work and developments. Listed above are specific pages. If you click on the images you should be able to get a close up view.

Thursday 22 April 2010

Boot 21. 04. 2010.

I must admit I am quite pleased with this effort. Again I used the flat acrylic brushes which are a bit more springy than hog hair bristles and give a nice dragging mark which I like. For the early stage I used a thinned down mixture of vermilion, ultramarine and cadmium yellow and then added alizarin for darker areas. I made a conscious effort to fill in and cover all the area of the boot and this seemed to work better when I then added naples yellow to this initial mixture so as to block the mid tones and highlights. As the darker under painting starts to dry you can get really nice scumbled marks on top. I am pleased that the edges are not as tight as usual something I always admire in other artists work but I struggle to achieve in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment