The home page shows recent work and developments. Listed above are specific pages. If you click on the images you should be able to get a close up view.

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Jane, Brockweir 2. 04. 2010.


Another disappointing end result after promising early stages. I tried using flat synthetic acrylic
brushes today because they had felt good on the 'pepper' still life. The initial drawing using a brownish mixture went well but as usual I think I rushed into blocking the highlights and mid tones. I used Hardy's titanium white instead of white under paint I usually use. I should of moved to a different position today as I began to realise that I had had enough of what was a difficult view.

This picture was taken at lunchtime and I was reasonably happy with it, but as the afternoon wore on I did my usual overworking. I became bogged down with Jane's face which was gradually moving to her left as she understandably tired. As the face got tighter so did the rest of her body and as someone commented at the end, the whole thing had got a lot smoother and any of the earlier interesting marks had disappeared.










No comments:

Post a Comment