The home page shows recent work and developments. Listed above are specific pages. If you click on the images you should be able to get a close up view.

Wednesday 24 March 2010

The stages

I tried drawing in raw sienna and alizarin first but changed to ulramine and alizarin instead. I should have taken a picture earlier to show the energetic drawing that took place. I like this stage and would like to keep more of the drawing marks showing through in the later stages, as they tend to disappear.





This is the middle stage after about two hours. I am still redrawing but mostly trying to establish the right values and the relationships between the colours. I mixed alizarin and ultramine which I scumbled on for the shaded areas and then worked in a greeny mixture made up of white, lemon yellow, blue and a touch of red. Into this I also worked warmer mixture of white, lemon yellow, cadmium red and a touch of blue.

I ended up spending too much time trying to resolve problems with the face and hair, but am pleased with the overall outcome and think it is a big improvement on last weeks efforts. I must resist the temptation to do more work to it.






No comments:

Post a Comment