The home page shows recent work and developments. Listed above are specific pages. If you click on the images you should be able to get a close up view.

Friday 26 March 2010

Jane, Usk 26.04 2010



Painted on a cheap white canvas board I started with a diluted mixture of ultramarine and alizarin. It didn't go on well and the frustration contributed to the energetic mark making. Using titanium white, lemon yellow, alizarin and ulramarine I started to block in the various flesh tones. I like this stage.



I underpainted with the heavily diluted drawing mixture to get rid of the white. It was absorbed into the board and dried almost instantly and I liked the way it showed through when I put the flesh tones on.



Not a good painting by any means, but it has an immediacy and energy that I like and given more time I feel I could have improved it. The basic drawing has been rushed but today was more about the painting and it had reached a stage that was satisfying for two hours work. the way the paint has gone onto the surface which was frustrating at first is more pleasing than last weeks.




Last weeks and this weeks together.

No comments:

Post a Comment