The home page shows recent work and developments. Listed above are specific pages. If you click on the images you should be able to get a close up view.

Monday 22 March 2010

Ocean and Jane. March 2010.

This painting was done three days after the one of Ocean at Usk( below ). It was painted on a canvas board which had been prepared with a cool grey acrylic ground. I used a bigger brush and worked much more vigorously than usual. I am quite pleased with the result although it is tonaly weak. Similar poses by Ocean and Penny, but a different approach.

Ocean, oil on canvas board. Brockweir.
I found myself with a full on front view, which is not my favourite. I did the drawing in purple and struggled with the shoulders. There was a strong light over her left shoulder leaving the rest of the body in shadow. I have attempted to make the painting much softer by avoiding the hard edged facets that I have tended towards in the past ( Penny above ). What you see is the result of working on the painting the next day as I was not happy with what I had produced the day before. This pose is to be repeated, but I am going to start another one hopefully from a different position, but if not then possibly a section.





No comments:

Post a Comment