The home page shows recent work and developments. Listed above are specific pages. If you click on the images you should be able to get a close up view.

Thursday 25 March 2010

Jane. February 2010.

Painted on a dark grey canvas board I have started as I always do by drawing in using thinned down oil paint. I really liked it at this stage

This is after about an hour and I am sarting to block in the colours.

This is the finished stage and I like it because it still retains the marks that tell the story of the effort. You can see the dark coloured ground where I have scumbled on the colours. I should have left it alone but I didn't.
I have worked on this at home using a photograph. I have lost the freshness as I have tried to soften the image and refine the flesh colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment